Thursday, August 8, 2013

SharePoint 2013 - Where are my documents located? - part II


I have already written a post on locating your documents in SharePoint 2010 database in previous post

In that post, I explained where are documents stored and how can you get then directly in SQL Management Studio.

I recommend reading that post since documents in SharePoint 2013 are stored in database in a very similar manner. But, there are some (small) differences.

What is different (or new)?

Difference is in table name in which document bytes are stored. Instead AllDocStreams, table is now called DocStreams.

And that is it. Everything else remains the same as in post I mentioned at the begining.



Another new thing worth mentioning in SP 2013 database in table called DocsToStreams which contains data about version history of your document.


2 comments:

  1. How do I merge all the content together from DocStreams shredded by the "Shredded Storage"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how can you do that in SQL. SharePoint adds some bytes at the beginning and the end of each cell of Content column when file is truncated in "Shredded Storage". The only way is reverse engineering.

      Delete